#introduction : My first relationship with a computer

It started out at my school, I was in grade 1. I was chosen by my teacher to participate in a cyber-kid club. By that time I wasn’t sure about the club route, for all I know Cyber-kid club sounds kind of fancy and I was chosen to be one of the members, so I couldn’t feel more joy.
Bell rang, my class dismissed, all my classmates were searching for their club teachers for extra-curricular activities that afternoon, including me of course, was the one who was eager to know what was this club all about, with a big bulky bag on my shoulders I climb the stairs to the second floor, our place meeting next to the library.

When I entered the lab, there were about 20 computers arranged neatly on the desks, I was fascinated by the surrounding and I was unconsciously make a silly sound from my mouth- the sound which I usually make when I was fascinated, as I step further, I began to understand that this club is about learning the basic of using a computer on the early age, as it stated on the brochure placed precisely beside the desk.


As the other ‘mesmerised’ student begin to occupy the lab up, our teacher, which is officially the adviser of the club, whom I forgot her name, begin to talk about the importance of technology in our daily life, which I didn’t take any attention at all as my concentrations were all to this, black, extravagant, shiny thing in front of me. FYI that was my first time being THAT close to a robot, and like dawhh ~ of course I was excited.
Our teacher eventually let us touches the computer and let us browses through all the software ourselves and I didn’t spear so much time into clicking the content which attracted my eyes, I had so much fun browsing to the colouring games, taking quizzes and playing sodoku which my teacher had downloaded for us earlier. THAT, was the first time I was able to scent the smell of what you named it as a technology. It was almost 11 years ago.

Today, the same scent fluctuating throughout the atmospheres, I had a chance to deepen something I had learnt at the early age of 7; Information, Communication and Technology. I knew that beneath me there’s always the same girl who was being fascinated by that. I always did J

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: