Assalamualaikum.
The trimester was just started again, and I went to the class with all new resolution and stuff. When all the nice little children sit down, the lesson begin, just like that, we were given our first assignment. Unbelievable? But that's what happen. Anyway, we were given a task about how to differentiate between information and data, I am pretty sure I did pretty well on the first day, well, what could I say? Stating the obvious.
So technically, information is an ordered sequence of symbols that can be interpreted as a message. Information can be recorded as signs, or transmitted as signals. Information is any kind of event that affects the state of a dynamic system. Conceptually, information is the message (utterance or expression) being conveyed. This concept has numerous other meanings in different contexts. (courtesy of wikipedia)
Data are values of a qualitative or quantitative variables, belonging to a set of items. Data in computing (or data processing) are often represented by a combination of items organized in rows and multiple variables organized in columns. Data are typically the results of measurements and can be visualised using graphs or images. (again, courtesy of wikipedia)
In a nutshell, it was pretty interesting to find out about the thing about the 'information and data' because it was pretty awesome. kbye
#week 1 : Introduction to Information and Technology
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






0 comments:
Post a Comment